Seller Center Frequently Asked Questions
- Your business name, address, and contact information
- An internationally chargeable credit card with a valid billing address
- Bank Account and Routing Number (For seller account deposits)
- A phone number where you can be reached during the registration process
- Your tax ID info
- Additional identity documents may be required
1. Choose your selling plan.
Currently all selling plans are free. Please note that starting January 1st 2021 all professional plans will be paid. Before you start, you’ll need to pick your selling plan. We offer two options: the professional plan and the individual plan. With the individual plan, you will pay $0.99 every time you make a sale. The professional plan is $99.99 per month no matter how much you sell. Oisto will collect a referral fee each time you make a sale, regardless of the plan you use. We will take a small percentage of the total sale, which varies by product or the category.
2. Pick your approach
After you’ve decided on a plan, you’ll want to pick your selling approach. You can be a reseller, which entails finding popular medical equipment and listing them for sale on Oisto. Or you can be a brand owner or a manufacturer who sells their own products.
Create an account
Next, need to create a new seller account with Oisto. Make sure to have the following documents and information handy:
- Basic business information such as business name, address and telephone number
- Business owner’s personal details (Required for business owner verification)
- Your tax information such as your business Tax ID or EIN number
- Last 4 of business owner’s SSN (Required for Identity Verification)
- Email address
- Business and personal phone numbers
- Bank account information (Required for Bank Direct Deposits)
- PayPal account email address (Required for PayPal Payments)
- Credit card number (Required for paying Oisto seller fees)
- Government ID, such as your driver’s license
Tip: Use our seller central to watch your Oisto activity. This area can help you update your pricing, manage inventory, chat with potential buyers, review your account, add new products, and contact Oisto support.
3. List your products
After you have created your Oisto account, you will need to determine what category your equipment falls under. Some categories are available to all sellers while some need you to hold a professional account. Please note that some products that require FDA approval maybe subject to be manually approved after required documentation has been provided by the seller.
You may also need manual review and approval to sell some no FDA approval requiring products. Some products may not be sold by third-party sellers and you must be able to prove that you are the rightful owner of all listed medical equipment.
When you’re ready, pick a product category that your equipment falls under and include listing details.
Your product listing must include the following:
- Pictures (Please see image requirements for more details.)
- Product identifiers, such as a product ID, SKU, MPN
- Product details, including name, category, and intended use
- Keywords to help buyers find your product
- Brand name
- Product title and description
- Manufacture date and where/how the equipment was used
- Any new parts or updates to the product that buyers should be aware of
- FDA registration number
- Expiration date
- Any required legal disclosures
Brand details will be listed on a “product description” page. This is where buyers can see all of the information you listed.
Be sure to:
Send out orders in a timely manner
You can use your Oisto account to answer questions about your product to potential buyers. Once an order is placed, you will need to fulfill the order in a timely manner. Buyers will have the ability to rate your products and you as a seller. Keep this in mind when getting out orders.
Use these helpful tips to become a successful seller on Oisto:
- Always comply with federal and local regulations
- Set fair prices
- List all information necessary
- Ship products quickly
- Advertise your products by using keywords that attract buyers to your product
- Be responsive and provide a superior customer service
- Get customer reviews to become a top seller and grow your business
- If you product is used, make sure to give a proper explanation about the condition of your product
- Properly list all expiration dates of the products
Attention: Some medical equipment and disposables must display expiration date at all times. This is a federal requirement, and you must always comply with these regulations. If you fail to comply with these regulations your Oisto account may be subject to termination.
Product Image Requirements
All product images being listing on Oisto must meet the following requirements and technical specifications.
Accepted Image Formats JPEG (.jpeg/jpg), GIF (.gif) PNG (.png)
Image Size Images dimensions must always be at least 1000 Pixels or larger in height or width preferred
We accept images with two main color modes sRGB or CMYK
Image file names must always consist of the product identifier such as UPC or MPN (Example: NS0126223.jpg or GSM254311.png
Product Image Standards
Oisto has adopted the following product image standards that every seller must comply with.
- All images of the products being sold must be professionally produced, drawings or illustrations of product images are prohibited.
- Images should never be confusing and contain foreign objects other than the product being sold.
- All images must be professionally produced, properly lit, with realistic colors as well as smooth edges.
- Products must fill at least 80% of the image frames
- The full product must be present in the frame of the image
- All image backgrounds must be crisp white (RGB 255,255,255).
- Images should never contain additional text, foreign graphics or inset images Adult images are strictly prohibited
- Images must always pertain to the product being sold
- Images must always be in focus and professionally lit
Please note that our algorithms take your account and your product reviews into consideration when ranking your product listings when customers search for them.
Here are some tips to grow your business.
Earn a badge
Earning a badge as a top seller to make your business stand out. It’s also reassuring to buyers that you have a history of delivering excellent customer service because it shows that you are trustworthy. If it comes down to your product and another product that belongs to someone who doesn’t have a badge, you will be more likely to earn a customer’s business.
Promote your listings
Oisto allows you to advertise your products to make them stand out. This is a great way to direct more eyes to your listings, especially if there are several products matching your listings.
Here are some options:
- Sponsored ads: your products will be featured on top of search results. You’ll only pay when customers click on your ads, also per thousand product page views (CPM).
- Promotions: you can offer free shipping or discounts to grow your business Deals: offer deals, coupons, or flash sales to encourage buyers to take advantage of lower rates while they last.
- Word of mouth: Promote your Oisto store URL on social media and other channels
- You can enroll for free brand registry if you meet the following requirement
- You have a professional account
- You have an active registered trademark that appears on your equipment
- You can identify yourself as the rightful owner for the trademark
Consider brand registry
Brand registry is a good way to get potential customers to recognize your products. You can use a registered trademark to get a free brand registry to help protect your equipment and unlock top-seller status on Oisto’s website.
Consider using keywords
Using keywords in your product description helps direct buyers to your item. Include keywords that include the product item’s full name, manufacturer number, serial number, variations of product keywords, tags, functions, what it has been used for, and what its intended use is. You may also want to include where the equipment has been used, such as hospitals, medical centers, dental offices, surgery centers etc. Remember, search engines drive traffic to your product pages. One of the most important factors is the content. Always write detailed and long descriptions for your product listings. This will tremendously improve your overall organic search engine rankings.
You can also use keywords to help reach customers all over the world. This helps make your product more marketable. When you set up a professional account in the United States, you’ll also have access to buyers from around the world.
No matter what country you are located in or what language you speak, you can make your equipment marketable to anyone in the world by using features such as currency conversion, Oisto shipping, and personalized recommendations for product selections from our constantly learning AI based system.